Seasons in FTX Eu Eng

moggy72

Gents

Not a criticism, but just wondering if the seasons could be tweaked a touch in the FTX EU ENG product - more specifically the date on which they switch.

I have just loaded a daytime flight with the date as 01 March 2013 from EGNH - and jumped out my skin as everything is now green and yellow as though Summer is here.......I can assure you that whilst the sun is out today, its topped out at about 5 degrees today after a heavy frost last night and everything is still firmly in winter mode!!!

FTX has clearly entered Spring prematurely (I also seem to recall other users querying the fact that the entire month of January displays snow (Hard Winter)).

Is there anyaway that Spring could be put back to (at least) the last week of March, and that we only get a week or so of Hard Winter in mid/late January in SP2 at all???

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

The seasons were set using averaged data from the met-office, but with fsx you can only set the whole month to 1 season hence all of January being hard winter its a compromise otherwise England wouldn't see a hard winter.

Also your location and ground height will make a different as well, as northern England/Scotland (when released) won't get spring till April.

I've attached a picture of when each season is active

post-17521-0-46408200-1362085103_thumb.j

hope that explains it

Paul

Archived