[EGKA - FTX ENG] Shoreham ai_player.dll CTD

bountyhunter

I have this error every time I fly in the Shoreham area. Each time I get a CTD with the below, I have tried different AIrcraft and each time it is in the same place for each type, For the Carenado Archer II its is about 2 miles outside Shoreham, for the Carenado C208B its as soon as I start the power up sequence. I have not tried any others yet.

I have tried lowering settings but same problem.

I have not tried as yet lowering Shoreham settings but will give that a go.

Now I think this is more pronounced when I use FS PASSENGERS, but this only happens in Shoreham, Try any other area/airfield with FS PASSENGERS with my normal settings and it works fine can have a long flight

every time it gives the same error code (except time stamps of course)

Description

Faulting Application Path: D:\FSX\fsx.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: ai_player.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 46fadb57

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00037489

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 550231553

think i may have fixed this .....

I did find that I had VFR airfields 'Shoreham' set (DoH !) so unticked this and also recycled the EU region

I flew the Caravan last night with no problems , but it was a short test flight, will try the Archer, as I know exactly where that fails

not checked the collision but have a feeling that may go away as well.

Didnt fix it, still got the problem, if i turn down the settings the flight does last longer, which seems to me a memory problem. I did some digging to see when I go tthis problem and what I had changed.

I have narrowed it down to installing the latest Accu-feel, so will look at that tonight.

thats why I thought it good to add bits in when I find them just in case.

these forums are so good for finding things out and if not some one allways can help out

I shall keep you all posted

trouble is ai_player is such a generic failure >:(

Mr Hunter,

Do you have a traffic package like Ultimate Traffic or Traffic X?

I had this some weeks ago after installing England and shortly after installed the CS C130 so not sure which caused the problem. About 30 mins into a flight and i was a decent distance from an airfield <3nm, it would CTD. I reinstalled Traffic X and it seemed to solve the problem.

Not sure excatly what the problem was but worth a bash.

I think I have fixed the problem , after a lot of internet reading I deleted uiautomationcore.dll , that I must have put in the FSX folder trying to fix another problem last year.

well cross fingers, I fly a quick 10 min flight that usually CTD but landed fine....

Finally I had to roll all the way back before EU Eng installation with Acronis and I was bashing my head trying everything for 2 weeks. I had a repeatable situation: sitting on ramp 21 at EGLC (UK2000) doing nothing kicked me out with the above error in 4 min. The symptoms were similar, the less detailed settings I used the longer I stayed, but overall never lasted over 10min. And I thought I was in good control of my FSX... I also played with and without uiautomationcore.dll, ai_player.dll, Ultimate Traffic 2 and prior to Ultimate Traffic 2 (with Acronis) and with many many other things but nothing helped. Unfortunately I installed EU Eng too early in my Acronis series. Anyway, thanks for posting, bountyhunter. Yet I think ai_player.dll in the title is misleading in context of this thread. If I have time, I may play with EU Eng and EGLC more (I still have my 250+ GB Acronis backups of OS and FSX folder), but not too soon I think as I'm totally burnt out on it at the moment. I'll have to skip EU Eng in my current install unless I find something in this thread I haven't tried yet.

Sabre

PS: forgot to mention, that in some instances, when I was trying to connect HiFi's AS2012 or XPax on the networked pc I had BEX errors sometimes instead of FSX.exe APPCRASH, but I understand it was in line with FSX.exe crashes generally.

• 1 month later...

a final post to this....

tracked it down after a lot of playing around  -  traffic 360 ...

if i set the density to anything above 20% for either slider I get the error

below that and I can fly happy for ages.

I asked over at JF and the chaps there say it will be fixed in the service pack

Bountyhunter,

Thought that might be the issue. I have Traffic X and a couple of times after installing a new ORBX scenery it starts CTD due to ai_player. I can't corroborate this but I think it happens as it is trying to load up the static aircraft and it is some how conflicting with the Traffic package.

Anyway each time I have had this problem I reload Traffic X and the problem goes away.

Glad you solved it - nothing more annoying than a CTD which you can't track down.

it was beyond annoying ... close to shoe through monitor.

now traffic x was ok for me.

odd isnt it

well lets see if the Service pack fixes T360, but even below 20% it still loads a few other planes so not too bad

Archived