Orcas KORS & Jefferson 0S9 - RWY, Taxi, Street Lights problem

ramonb

Hello guys

I got a problem with runway, taxiway and street lights. (Dawn, Dusk and Night)

The aforementioned lights won’t turn on unless I switch landing lights on. This happens with any aircraft, but even stranger, if using any Real Air plane then just turning any exterior light will turn on the RWY, taxi and street Lights. (Even when those planes are cold and dark, batt off)

I reinstalled the PNW, all my PNW airports plus patches and latest libs, also disabled all other non ORBX scenery and restored all the effects from a previous backup , but still no luck.

Including pictures with stock Baron. (Removed the A2A lights)

Jefferson Landing lights OFF

Posted Image

Jefferson Landing lights ON

Posted Image

KORS Landing lights OFF

Posted Image

KORS Landing lights ON

Posted Image

BTW: They used to work fine at KORS, and I don’t know how they got messed up. Latest addons where Jefferson 0S9 and Stewart, and I also temporarily removed EU Englend a week ago.

Other ORBX lighted airports I have seem to work fine.

Any help is welcomed. :(

Note: If we find the cause for this, maybe then something good might even come out, like Aircraft controlled lights

Cheers

Hello Kilstorm

I think you are right, DX10 has some issues but I’m hooked on it. (No OOM's, improved graphics and FPS)

Most of my flights in the PNW start at dawn or end at dusk at KORS, Cushman or Siletz Bay, so I’m certain I did not have that problem. (Still have the KORS windsocks problems and not yet resolved)

What puzzles me is why or how this lights problem appeared after I installed Stewart, Jefferson 0S9 and uninstalled EU England.

Since I can’t figure it out, a complete reinstall seems in order; it might even be a good thing since I got a new copy of

FSX Gold instead of my old Deluxe.

Cheers.

Wait, do you use DX10? I do. Love it and have these issues. The fix is just have your landing lights on at these airports when flying at night, dawn and dusk. Its not an Orbx issue but a DX10 issue. Could Orbx fix it by using different lights..? Possibly, since other fields dont have this issue but I feel Steve Parson who gave us the DX10fixes is still trying to get other stuff to work and it might be fixed that way. So if you do use DX10 as it seems you do by what you wrote, just understand for those fields to work you need to fly with your landing lights on and as far as the street lights, best to fly in Orbx "Day" mode for now.

Archived