scenery.cfg problem + FSX crash over ORBX sceneries

DeeJay

Hi together!

After enjoying ORBX products for a long time I've now got some problems that I can't solve myself. Means I'm new to the forums, so please forgive me if this problem was posted in the wrong part of the forum:

1) Small problem: Whenever I install a new ORBX scenery oder switch between ORBX regions I get a message: "Failed to load scenery.cfg". I could solve that problem by activating a newly installed airport manually in FSX and the airport showed up as it should. For switching between regions this notice did not have any consequences at all - they seem to have been activated properly when flying.

Furthermore I can install any other scenery manually without any error messages, so the scenery.cfg sould exist. Could you imagine what could be the problem?

2) Big problem: FSX crashes on all longer flights over complex ORBX regions with complex aircraft as soon as I try to change anything using the menu bar. For example: I fly the Carenado King Air B-200 from Canberra to Moorabbin and try to switch from the window mode into the full screen mode oder vice versa. I can also choose a different aircraft, or end FSPassengers after landing, change the weather,... with the same effect. It would never crash during "running" simulation, even if the framerates are not great at some places. It doesn't crash either on short flights with aircraft and sceneries that don't need too much performance (for example flying the Carenado C-185 from Harvey Field to Darrington).

I'm aware it could be a problem which is not related to ORBX in a direct way, but it happens there most of the time. So I thought maybe you could know where the problem is and help not bringing every second ORBX-to-ORBX flight to a crash :-/

My system:

AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor 3 GHz

8 GB DDR3-RAM

NVidia GeForce GTS 450 with new driver update

WD HDD Drive 1,5 TB, 7.200 rpm

Windows 7 (64bit)

I know meanwhile my CPU is not the fastest anymore. But can a "slow" CPU alone be a reason for FSX to crash only while changing any settings AFTER a lot of performance was needed over complex scenery areas - while everything else runs stable??

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Dominik

Archived