No More Australia

pannellg

I recently purchased a new computer, an AMD FX 6120 six-core processor, 3.5GHz, with 10GB of RAM. I'm using an AMD Radeon HD 6700 display adapter. And the computer came with Windows 8 installed. I've purchased all the Orbx regions, AU(Oceania), NA, and EU, and I have all the sceneries with the exception of the latest England airports. For the last two months that I've had the computer, all my Orbx sceneries, along with the Ozx sceneries, Sydney International, and a handful of other Australian sceneries Perth, and Adelaide, have run without a problem. I had all the FSDreamTeam sceneries and they worked well with FTX Central set to default. I had FlyTampa and Imagine Sim sceneries, which initially worked fine. I then purchased FSDT's Vancouver and had a host of issues with my other U.S. sceneries, and ended up deleting it. Over the last couple of days, I have been unable to load any Orbx Australia sceneries without FSX freezing and refusing to respond. My NZ scenery works fine, however I've been unable to fly from NZ to AU without it freezing up as soon as I arrive over any AU airspace. I've deleted and re-installed Orbx FTX AU (SP4) three times with no luck, including the last two times with the firewall turned off. I'm completely at a loss. Any ideas? I suspected Windows 8, but NA, NZ, and EU work fine (aside from occasional crashes when I simultaneously open too many windows).

I tried that. What was frustrating was that system restore wouldn't provide any previous dates for me to go back to. It would only establish the current date and time and establish that as a restore point. Do you know how I might get it to pull up any previous dates?

Hi pannellg,

I have updated your SIg ;)

As for your problems with W8, it's a shot in the dark for me as I do not have it, running W7 quite happy here,

Did you go to the FSDT site and asked there ? as I'm not familiar with their product it's a stab in the dark to be able to give a decent answer

Also make sure that:

User Account control => make sure it's turned OFF

Administrator => make sure you have Administrator rights linked to your Account/Login otherwise create a new account with Admin rights

The number of running processes is reduced to the minimum => good site to check the who's and what's is Blackviper.com

Thanks Wolter. My User Account Control was turned off. The moderator at FSDT is currently taking a lot of heat for his Vancouver scenery, and is taking no responsibility for a number of related issues. I do not have it installed and my Orbx NA is working quite well, as are my EU and NZ sceneries. I'm at a loss as to why I can't load any Australia sceneries, nor can I fly there without it freezing up. I've removed all other Oz related sceneries that I know of, I've gone into my Addon Scenery/scenery and looked for any conflicting bgl's. I'm stumped on this one...

Wolter, I gave that a try. No luck. I did a complete removal and re-install of FTXAU; still no luck. I checked all my Addon Scenery files to see if there were any conflicts; I couldn't find any other Australia sceneries that could possibly be causing a problem. I did recently install Carenado Beech King Air and CaptSim's C-130 aircraft, but I don't see how they could cause a conflict. NZ, NA, EU all work fine. I'm completely out of ideas...Anyone out there have any similar issues recently? Is this a Windows 8 issue?

Archived