Fail to reload to dedicated Drive.

Chandy

I have reloaded FSX after a Flightsim crash. FSX and Acceleration would load only to Drive C, ignoring my dedicated FSX drive (Drive D). Drive C is a relatively small SSD and is where my OS is placed.

So I loaded all my FTX AU sceneries from compact disc/DVD into this C:Drive instalation and all was okay, however this filled up my SSD.

I copied the FSX folder with add-ons from C Drive to my 1.81TB Hard Drive (Drive D) and all was good. But I needed to load more add-ons and they would only attempt to load to the now almost full C:Drive, which of course couldn't be done because there wasn't sufficient room left. The installers would not allow me to choose the Drive.

My first attempt was the FTX NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific North West disc but it would only attempt to load to C:Drive without offering any chance to change the path to D:Drive. A pop-up tells me it can't find the path to C:Drive - which is correct because I deleted FSX from that drive.

After my computer was back in the land of the living I thought I would be able to just re-install straight to FSX on D:Drive, but that wasn't going to happen. The Installer kept insisting on the now deleted installation on C:Drive.

Where do I go from here?

Regards,

John G

Archived