Finally - It's here!

Old Archie

It has been a long 2 weeks I tell ya, especially with all the great new repaints for my beloved Cherokee and 182 coming out of here, but finally my new system is racked up and ready to go, just have to reformat my old C: drive and reinstall a fresh new Vista Ultimate on her and I will be ready for the massive reinstall battle ahead of me this weekend.... ::)

So this is what I ended up with ;

Lian Li A70 Full Tower Case (Black)

P35 Intel Mobo (from my old rig)

Intel Quad Q9450 CPU with dedicated cooler

ASUS GTX280 OverClocked Edition GPU

Thermaltake 850W PSU

300Gb Velociraptor 10,000rpm HDD just for FSX

2 x 500 Gb WD HDD for OS and everything else (from my old rig)

Xfi Platinum Sound card (from old rig)

2 x ASUS DVD RW Optical Drives (from old rig)

4 Gb ADATA DDR2 800 Mhz RAM

Vista 32 Bit Ultimate

Dell 2407 24" LCD 1920 x 1200

Logitech G7 Laser Mouse

Logitech G15 Keyboard

Logitech 3D Extreme Flight Stick

I'm happy, but I won't really know if it was worth the cash I just burnt until I get FSX with FTX up and running again  ;)

Oh, and a BIG PS, I must (again) thank my dear wife who actually bought all these bits for me through her work (she gets them at reseller price with NO FREIGHT) so I saved a PACKET on normal retail.  I said on Monday "I want an ASUS GTX280 OC" and on Wednesday there it was sitting on my desk, now thats a good marriage!  ;)

Sounds awesome Dale, just one things missing.... eski with chilled beer :)

Awww, come on now Butch, that's a given isn't it mate?  heheheee.  I'm still looking for a good USB Mini Fridge to keep my coldies cold right next to my PC....  ;)

I'm still looking for a good USB Mini Fridge to keep my coldies cold right next to my PC....  ;)

Ain't gonna get much cooling out of a 5V device @ 500 mA max.  ;)

I doubt that the beer would actually stay inside it long enough to actually get warm mate.....  ;)

I have to ask...............

With connections like that, I am surprised that you are just updating now ;) 

Don't worry about me, I am only jealous. LOL

Regards

Well, two reasons, my old rig was running no problems at all up until recently (E6600 and an 8800Ultra GPU) so no need to upgrade until it died (which it did) and secondly, you would not believe the hoops I had to jump through to get her to do it, she could not see any justification for spending that money on a quote/ 'bloody computer' /unquote, it required some serious grovelling and many promises that I know I will be unable to keep........ 8)

Archived