Saitek Rudder Pedals

tennyson

Hi Guys,

I just bought a set of Saitek rudder pedals to go with my yoke and throttle quadrant.

Being a normal male I just plugged it in and expected it to work,which it did.

I opened up FSX and started flying my 737, this time taxying by the rudder pedals instead of the yoke.

It felt really weird and I had problems steering. Then I realised that I should check the mapping in the controls. This I did and realised it was all wrong.

I changed the axes to work only for the rudder and the brakes.

Then I realised I also had to click on the reverse selection as well (the brakes were on when they should be off).

Ok, that's alright. I still felt like things weren't right so I went back to the controls and had a look.

I figured I had the rudder config wrong too so I set reverse on it. I also turned off auto rudder as well.

It feels right now, but is it the way it supposed to be?

When I push forward on the left rudder pedal, should the nose of the aircraft turn right?

I know it really doesn't matter, but I would rather learn to fly the conventional way than learn something completely wrong.

I also taxied to the strip, took off and did a circuit before attempting a landing.

Flying with rudder pedals is a whole new feeling and I had a hard time keeping it straight on finals. I guess this will come with practice.

I actually botched the landing and crashed anyway, so I see many sleepless night up ahead mastering my new toy.

I am so impressed by Saitek gear. I can thoroughly recommend the rudder pedals to anyone. They have added another dimension to my flight sim experience.

Thanx for your help, people,

Frank

Thanx Guys,

Scorpion, fantastic info, mate. Loved the screenys. I forgot a few things that you showed me.

If I might tho, is the fourth piccy from the Saitek software cause I couldn't find it in the FSX settings, nor in the Vista game controller settings.

Again, thanx for all the wisdom,

Frank

Thanx Guys,

Scorpion, fantastic info, mate. Loved the screenys. I forgot a few things that you showed me.

If I might tho, is the fourth piccy from the Saitek software cause I couldn't find it in the FSX settings, nor in the Vista game controller settings.

Again, thanx for all the wisdom,

Frank

tennyson that 4th screenie is from the Saitek SST software just click the rudder pedals icon in the task bar and select "control panel". Well look at my image and select the right tab.

Sorry I forgot too say in the left/right toe in the 4th image to adjust those right click each zone and on the drop down untick "Link Deadzones" and this will allow you to move them individually to make the adjustments.  ;D What this does is limits the throw your foot has to make or allows slight movement in the pedal before they kick in and sends the command for a reaction in the flight controls hence why it's called deadzones.

Archived