Sli for fsx?

waygo

Can anyone tell me if there are any benefits to using sli for fsx? I was able to get ahold of two Asus Gtx-680DC2T that will arrive later this week.

I'm running three 24 inch monitors.

Asus sabertooth z77

3770k overclocked to 4.5

It's a single gtx-670 I will be replacing

To span FSX across three screens using the Nvidea Control Panel, the two 680's will be in SLI mode, and will improve the FSX performance marginally with no detrimental effects - some will say "FSX does not like SLI", but my experience has been the reverse, using FSX in SLI with 570's, 580's, 590's, 680's and a 690 - the performance being discernibly better in SLI than as a single card...i.e slightly better frame rate and easier to achieve smooth motion without stuttering or shimmering, but no difference in picture quality or colour.

Check the GPU usage graph on non SLI where the load will frequently reach 100%, but with SLI engaged the usage graph rarely goes above 70% on the two GPU's

I replaced my Ge 9800 GTX with an ATI 7970 and the appropriate Display port adapter's and am running 3 screens at 5760 X 1080 . Performance wise I would NOT waste money on a second Card when this one will run VERY respectable FPS .

Archived