Multiple screen help

ravemtech

Hi All, 

I have been using the Matrox TripleHead2Go for a while with great results, but recently got a hold of a Matrox Dual.  I would like to use a 4th screen to show the gauages of the Cessna 172,  with the other 3 screens still showing the wide scenic view.  The only problems is I have no idea how to do it.  If anybody got any idea how to do this,  your help would be significantly appreciated.

Thanks

Ravemtech

Running

FSX

Dual Core 6600

4 G Ram

512 mg 8800 GT Video Card (and a spare 256 8800GT card sitting on the bench)

Couldn't be easier mate 

go to the Matrox Web sit and make sure you have the latest Power Desk Software Driver and simply ad your 2 screens lower in the centre of your Flight console. and make the 2 screens your un-docked Cockpit panel.

Chiefly I'd say plug them in, I don't know if the newer Power desk software allows you to position your screens but XP should as it will recognise the TH2GO and the Dual Head as two LARGE monitors.

Depending on your arrangement and Monitor sizes  3840 X 1024  and  2560 X 1024 for example and in the Monitor setup tab of the Screen arrangement in XP these can be arranged however you wish.

Try this mate.

The contents of this read got me started in 3 screen flying. This guy had 6 screens running off the one card.

As I understand it, simply plug your 4th monitor into the second out-put on the back of you vidoe card.  Havn't tried it yet but soon looking for a fourth lcd.

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/review/th2go.htm

Hope this helps

Cheers

Thanks guys for all your help. :)

Plugged the 4th monitor into the HDMI plug on the video card and it works fantastically.  I am waiting for a touch screen to arrive before I plug in the DualHead2Go and will not only have the gauges always showing, but also the GPS.

With the TrackIR, TripleHead2Go for the scenery, and the DualHead2Go for the Gauges and GPS,  it will be awesome!!

Thanks Again.

Ravemtech

Sorry 'glad62' that information is incorrect based on my experience.

If you have a dual out put Card as most are these days and it is supported by the Matrox software.  then your Video Card will simply see both Matrox Units as large monitors.

From Matrox FAQ

Can I connect multiple DualHead2Go/TripleHead2Go units in 1 system?

Although it may be physically possible to connect multiple DualHead2Go/TripleHead2Go units on the same system, Matrox does not recommend doing so. The Matrox Software Suite supports a configuration of 1 unit per system. Adding more than 1 unit per system has not been tested. Matrox does not plan to support these types of configurations. The DualHead2Go and the TripleHead2Go products were designed with a 1 unit per system configuration support model.

Yes mate and that is them just covering their collective arse ,  it can and has been done by many people BUT there is the potential for problems.

It might be dependant on whether it is digital or analogue. 

Archived