NA GA AI - no traffic away from Orbx airports in CRM

tttocs

This is probably just confusion on my part, but I'm still not clear on where (and maybe how) the new AI package should work. Based on the announcement I didn't expect it to function fully outside of PNW and/or Orbx payware fields, but subsequent comments lead me to believe otherwise.

Here's what I'm seeing. Just did a flight from McCall, ID (KMYL) to West Yellowstone with both GA and large business enabled and FSX unticked per the instruction. Along the way, I had no AI traffic - McCall was devoid of traffic, and Center frequencies en route were all completely silent. On arriving at West Yellowstone however, CTAF was lit up and the pattern was full of local traffic. Is this expected pending further updates, or should I have traffic at other fields and en route?

BTW, love the variety of what I do see when parked at one of my Orbx fields.

Thanks for any clarification,

Scott

Airports covered with this package include all the modified airports within the Orbx PNW region plus all the Orbx payware and freeware airports released to date.

>http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/50265-ftx-north-american-ga-ai-traffic-100-released/

So yes what you are seeing is correct, PNW has flightplans all around it, whereas outside it only covers the pay/freeware strips

Thanks for confirming, Tim. Yes, that was exactly the part of the announcement I was referring to, but Graham's response to someone who was asking specifically about the default KWYS had me thinking that perhaps the announcement was incorrect:

"The FTX AI traffic pack will work with all airports, even the default ones, provided there is sufficient parking of the required radius. The Orions need a parking spot of at least 19M however the largest spot at KWYS FSX default and CRM modified is only 18M."

I am now officially un-confused. :-)

BTW, if I've neglected to say so yet - wonderful job on KWYS. Enjoying it immensely!

Scott

Archived