JF800XP Business Jet

John York

For anyone interested, I've just got a new Hawker business jet. I must say, that for me, it knocks the Citation Mustang into a cocked hat! If you see what I mean. Its not quite as pretty as the Mustang but still looks pretty good.

Its nice to fly manually, and really fast. Very well specified and looks like a real 'plane (not that the Mustang doesn't) but rear mounted engines not only keep the noise down but also improve the view though the side windows.

But the truly convincing bit is the auto pilot. None of your fiddly, press this , make the setting, press that, with this aircraft. The display is easily understood and the adjustments clearly shown. Even the speed control works well, the only thing being is it stays on when you turn AP off so that needs to be turned off separately even though its on the same panel as all the rest. The knobs take some getting used to to begin with and some (like me) will tend to turn the knobs the wrong way, so that's something to watch out for.

A thing I haven't found yet is the usual indicator to confirm you're locked on to the ILS. Mind you, you soon know you haven't when it goes off line! And you can't take liberties. You've definitely got to be going at the right speed on final, otherwise it either lands early if you're too slow or won't bloody stop if you're too hot. My suggested speed is 140-160 knots with spoilers deployed as soon as the wheels touch.

No manual comes with this aircraft but any experienced jet sim pilot will pick it all up in a very short time.

Just Flight have got a winner here! ^_^

John

I spent some time looking at the details they provide on their site for this add-on. I guess it comes down to value for money, there is always that compromise, but just couldn't be persuaded. If you have found the corporate jet you were looking for, then that's what counts, hope you enjoy it. Let us know how you go with it.

Yes, I don't think the 'blurb' did it justice Johnny. I'm just relieved I've now got a corporate jet that is pleasant to fly and I'm not having to continuosly fiddle with controls that only work sometimes!

I've looked at the JF folder but couldn't find a manual anywhere. I'll have another look Joe.

John

Hi Superglide

I found a quite comprehensive Check List but no manual.

Basically, all I need to know is the optimum landing speed. I'm guessing it's got to be about 140 kts. So far, I've only landed it manually and seemed to come in a bit hot at 160 kts but with the spoilers deployed that helped me to stop before I ran off. I tried an ILS landing the other day but it brought me in too low at 120 kts and got me on the floor about a quarter of a mile before the runway. Still, there were lots of trees to help stop me! ::);D

John

Archived