Is Nvidia Inspector Safe to use ?

Lepres

Have been reading up on Kostas' fsx tweaks guide and am tempted to try it out. Also read about the use of Nvidia Inspector. Is this safe to use? Will it change or affect my current Nvidia settings? Also, on which site should I get it from. I'm on GTX 680.

Thanks to anyone who helps.

I've been using it since it came out, and have had no issues. In fact I get better results than using the old Nvidia software that came with the video card. It has way more options than FSX alone, and you can get good results. There are many threads on here about it, some having settings that people use, giving you some instant settings to try.

Search for Nvidia inspector, and I'm sure you will find the details.

Regards

Craig

the link provided by skypilot above explains it all, quote 'the profiles are stored in a binary file that's usually edited using the Nvidia control panel's "manage 3D settings" page'.

It's really worth reading this link from start to finish, it helped me understand many of the items frequently discussed on these forums, I used it to set up my gtx680 and everything seems to run smoothly (literally) and I have been referring back frequently to this link to check I have the optimum settings for my NGX.

Just done a complete fsx cfg tweak together with NI and I must say "WOW" --- I'm awed by the HUGE jump in visual treats !!

Still get a few minor micro-stutters, but they are much fewer now than before, not forgetting that I pretty much maxed out every setting !

With most shimmering and stuttering out of the way, flying in Orbx world is now so much more rewarding.

Thanks to all of you folks here.

Archived