My Cockpit Build 3 screens 172 panel

relax12002

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great, good job. The biggest problem I have found with building my own simulator is the cost!!! I built a wickedly fast computer for under $1200 that runs fsx better than my -now- "work" computer for which I paid $3000! The only thing I am missing are LCD screens....I was given two 17" monitors which are ok for now.

The yoke and throttle set cost $240 and the general timber and other hardware around $200. I think if the cost of the usb dials, controls and other parts was more reasonalbe, we'd have more people building cockpits.

In Sydney, I have found The Pilot's Shop on Botany Rd to be great for a limited number of 'bits and peices' but they are moer for real world pilots not simmers and other than online, there is not many places you can goto for real one on one help and advise.

I find this site so far has been a great help and this hobby needs more people like your self. Keep up the grreat work.

Kind regards,

Mercedez

Hi yes it cost's alot my rig was around $3500 screen's $1200 Go flight radios and simkits gauge's around $5000 Grand but with orbx software it was well worth the time and effort  now saving up for a moition platform from CKAS but with any hobby fishing car's anythig that is fun its cost's you

That pit' looks amazing....and yes your right anything that is fun usually will cost you!

Its funny how you said its all worth it (10k of hardware) mainly because of $30 dollar worth of software! I know the equations is not exactly like that but that's kind of what it equates to.

I wish I do my own cockpit, good on ya for taking the time and effort to do something really cool.

Cheers

Archived