FTX/ORBX freeware scenery keeps making FSX stop working

Welcome to the forums mikey. You will need to add your Order number to your post to get an answer to your question. An easy way is to add it or them to your signature ( go to your entry on the members page ).You will see how it appears in my signature below.

And just to make it easier finding the culprit....look inte event viewer (in systems) and post the error message that is stored there, as well as system specs and everything that si related to the error. Will be of great help.

Willy

Hi Mikey, thats OK, the gentlemen above are only trying to help

But I'll still need to know what (Orbx freeware) add-ons your using, and what version of FSX, and any other information you can give if I am to be of any assistance to you, at the moment I am poking holes in a box in a dark room O0

haha yeah, rgr that Tim, I am currently using every freeware, and the demo for PNW, I am using FSX Gold Edition (dont know what service pack but guessing that it is SP2) What is wierd is that all ORBX scenery started working until i got some patches for YBCS,YBBN? and the new ORBX libraries.

can u tell me how to delete the patches maybe or how to delete the scenery?

I didn't mean to offend anyone with my sarcasm. I really love ORBX but if it doesnt work then there is no point of having it on my computer and i dont know where to find to delete ORBX scenery?

I really love ORBX but if it doesnt work then there is no point of having it on my computer

Strange attitude ??? apart from the generous non-time-limited demos for PNW/Tasmania all our add-ons free and pay are designed to used with the base-regionpack areas, that is how Orbx is designed

So you installed the service patches for YBBN and YBCS but you do not own these add-ons? and that is when your problem started yes?

i think i own them its just the fact that i think i should uninstall each one of them and try a fresh reinstall. Would u be able to tell me how to do that?

If you think you own YBBN and YBCS then can you please provide the purchase order numbers for both, this is required for support: http://www.orbxsyste...-support-forum/

No point giving up now, especially when we're so close :)

And its actually really easy, allow me to assist you, go to: http://www.flightsimstore.com click on 'My Account', then go to your account history and you should see all your purchases listed along with your order number, if you cant remember your login name and password... click the 'Password forgotton? click here' button

Cheers

Tim

I dont think i own the product. I was given the product from a friend. Could u please help?

We do not conduct support via PM sorry, if you dont think you purchased them now and instead your friend purchased it as a gift, they would have received a purchase number with the invoice, ask them to check their emails for you

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 100921 September 2010

FTX AU BLUE SP3 (TASMANIA SPRING SEASON DEMO) OCT 2009

FTX AU HOLGERMESH V1.0 (SP3)

FTX AU YBLN BUSSELTON AIRPORT VERSION 1.5 (SP3) October2009

FTX AU YCUN CUNDERDIN AIRPORT VERSION 1.5 (SP3) October 2009

FTX AU YLIL LILYDALE AIRPORT VERSION 1.5 (SP3) March 2010

FTX AU YMLT VERSION 2.5 (SP3) October2009

FTX AU YMUI Murray Island V1.0

FTX AU YPLC PORT LINCOLN AIRPORT VERSION 1.5 (SP3) October 2009

FTX AU YRED REDCLIFFE AIRPORT VERSION 3.0 (SP3) October 2009

FTX CAN CEJ4 CLARESHOLM INDUSTRIAL VERSION 1.00 - Released January 31, 2012

FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - BUILD 0001

FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - BUILD 0002

FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - BUILD 0003

FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - BUILD 0004

FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - BUILD 0004a

FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - BUILD RTM A

FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - BUILD RTM B

FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.00

FTX NA 7WA3 West Wind Airfield Version 1.00

FTX NA KHQM BOWERMAN AIRPORT VERSION 1.0

FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 005 March 27th 2012

FTX US 2S1 VASHON ISLAND VERSION 1.1 - June 2010

ORBX FTX BOB FIRST PERSON MODE VERSION 1.1 JULY 2010

FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 005 March 27th 2012

Thought you only had the PNW demo?

OK

1 - Set FTXcentral to [Default] and delete the 'ORBX' folder

2 - In future do NOT install patches or servicepacks for airports/regions you dont own

3 - add your purchase order numbers for YBBN and YBCS before asking for any further help here

Topic closed.

Archived