D-CHBF Taifun Repaint

pilottj

Here is the Taifun in retro Lufthansa colors. I should get it packaged up tonight or tomorrow. The curves were a challenge but it was a fun project. I probably should have put the lufthansa bird logo farther foward on the rudder but it was going to be really tricky to align it with the rudder spacing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers

TJ

Now thats very smart . Unfortunately I wont have a call to use it but it does look great. Maybe push the logo a bit further back if you feel inclined to move it . Looks fine where it is I think.

forgot a pic :) This paint is for Mathias of CH, it was sort of a 'deal' in exchange for a Taifun paint to get him to 'leak' another pic of his secret project that is very possibly an FW-190D or TA-152 :D

Posted Image

This was my source. It is always a fun challenge to adapt schemes from other airplanes to another. 8)

Posted Image

I have the templates saved, I think I might try to use the basic scheme layout to do a ZK and a VH registered Taifun using different colors.

Totally brilliant repaint just wish I had the aircraft in my hangar now!

I hightly recommend this bird sir :) IMHO it is up there with the RA Legacy, Duke, and BTS RV-7 at the top of GA quality complete packages. I think you just missed CH's Euro Cup sale, but am sure Mathias will have some more.

CHeers

TJ

I hightly recommend this bird sir :) IMHO it is up there with the RA Legacy, Duke, and BTS RV-7 at the top of GA quality complete packages. I think you just missed CH's Euro Cup sale, but am sure Mathias will have some more.

CHeers

TJ

Thanks TJ i'll keep an eye out for next set of deals. Kind regards and keep up the excellent work on those repaints.

I second the high recommendation. One of my very favorites.

Will you be uploading the other (black?) version of this scheme? I'd love a US registration version. I know it's mostly a European bird, but I'd buy one of these in RL in a heartbeat if I had the chance and the funds. Land like a Cub and cruise like a RV and take three people along for the ride! What a plane!

Unfortunately I have already 'flattened' the ZK scheme so I can't really alter it now. But I still have the base layout still in layers so I will make a couple of similar schemes. I have a VH scheme planned, also a Canadian registry, UK registry and probably a couple of N registries :) Actually even without a sale it isn't too expensive, about 24Euro without the VAT

Archived