Blue Ray video: producing with FSX

Chandy

I have a video editing program which I use to make videos using FSX and burn to DVD using either this program or the Windows DVD Maker program. My stand-alone editing program allows me to make the movie in Blue Ray format and, supposedly burn to a Blue Ray DVD afterwards. I can turn the captured movie into Blue Ray okay but during the burn process there is a problem. It burns for awhile then stops saying that the burn failed (I do use Blue Ray discs). So, I figure that it may be that you can't turn these movies into Blue Ray on discs. Does anyone know if it is indeed impossible, or alternately has anyone managed to do it?

I use FRAPS and Corel DVD Maker.

John G

There is no reason why a FSX or ORBX video can not be used to create a Blu-Ray movie - the only limitation is authoring software and burning software. If the burn is failing, then there is a problem with the hardware configuration, the burner software configuration, or the Blu-Ray burner itself. I have burned several videos to a Blu-Ray disc, converting from several different formats, without problem. Depending on your specific burning software, you may have to ensure the authoring software is creating a valid Blu-Ray image, or the burning software may do a conversion for you if necessary. If you have successfully burned a Blu-Ray disc before trying to create your FSX video, then the hardware is probably good, and the burner software - then you may need to look at the authoring software. Sorry I can't be more definitive...

Thanks, I'm okay now. It turns out my computer mechanic uninstalled my Blue Ray burner package when replacing a faulty GPU. Reloaded it and made my first Blue-Ray DVD - great!

John G

Archived