AI GA Traffic Issue

Hi All. This is my first post so I would like to apologize ahead of time as Im sure this question has been answered already. For some reason the GA Traffic isnt working, just civilian jets in the AU/Tasmania airports. I have all of the traffic options for the different aircraft checked on. Thanks again.

Please ensure you have installed the base V3.20 plus each of the update patches. V3.21, V3.22 and V3.23. This latest update is a patch only and requires the base FTX AU Traffic installation to work.

Could you also be a little more specific on what you are seeing please. Perhaps if you could go to the freeware Launceston airport and describe the AI aircraft you are seeing there. A screenshot or two would also help. Once we have that, we can better identify the problem and propose a solution.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have installed all of the patch updates. I did install them incrementally but all in one shot w/o starting FS, could that have been a reason? Im seeing static GA Planes , but no GA Aircraft (none landing taking off, taxing etc), but I do see the civilian jet AI in working order. I just finished downloading the rest of the PNW Scenery so Ill boot up FS and take some pics. Thanks again.

I would suggest it is the WOAI traffic files that are stopping your FTX AI from appearing. WOAI traffic files are compiled for FS9 while the FTX traffic files are compiled for FSX. Microsoft Flight Sim cannot handle both FS9 and FSX traffic files together as each has a different day structure and FSX will give priority to the FS9 ones and suppress the FSX ones.

Your situation can be sorted by downloading and using Don Grovestine's AI Flight Planner to locate and convert all your FS9 traffic files to FSX ones. There has been much written on this issue on this and other forums and I suggest you do a search on AI Flight Planner for more information.

This thread may be helpful. http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/35634-orbx-ai-traffic-and-woai-traffic/

Archived