Windsocks

It's beyond me , but I would love to see an outside screenshot that depicted the windsock and the compass bearing for the the wind vector at all airports with no ATIS. I suppose to make it work in all cases you would have to allow it as a standard pop-up. Can any of you computer gururs tell me if this is possible.

I agree it seems very unlikely that any small GA airfiled would not have a windsock. Any one checked if ORBX windsocks turn with the wind as in default FSX? ... Also can any pilots confirm the windspeed equivelants per "colour bar/zone on real windsocks (and, of course, is this reflected in FSX?

David

Hi Guys,

I can't speak for fall City and Stewart but I can tell you that the ORBX windsocks, when installed correctly, do show wind direction and also speed in, I believe, four steps from no wind to straight out at ~16 knots. My recollection is that Ian Routley did the programming for them and they have been used, along with the orange/white striped Canadian versions, since PNW was released.

FYI, windsock circle "objects" have been developed by Tim Harris and have been added, where applicable, to airports in upcoming ORBX areas as well as retrospectively added to many CRM airports for the service pack when it is released.

Cheers, Neil

Archived