Freeware â–¶ Problems getting scenery to work

Hi all!

Massively, unbelievably excited about the new UK scenery underway. I live between Goodwood and Shoreham - noticed John made a recent trip to 'recce' Goodwood - very, very exciting.

Anyway, I wanted to see the scenery first hand before commiting to purchase anything through the freeware you guys generously provide. However, I'm running into problems. I've spent a few hours trying to search the forums to find answers, but having tried a few things, I've decided just to ask!!

1. Downloaded YLIL - installed, started FSX, no new scenery

2. Thought it might be UAC related (Windows 7 was saying it didn't think it installed properly, I declined to reinstall on this occasion).

3. Downloaded YMUI - installed, started FSX (agreed to Windows reinstalling under its own settings - see if it made a difference) no new scenery

4. Tried searching forums, downloaded ORBX Libs (still downloading) and downloaded the free AU mesh, installed, no new scenery - following some advice given in a variety of threads

5. Read about adding manually, but others say it does this itself. Anyway, tried, can't find anything in the ORBX folders that FSX seems to want to add, so abondoned this assuming it's already added it to the library

6. Waiting for the FTXORBXLIBS to complete download before installing and trying again

▶▶▶ Am I doing something completely wrong? I'm not sure if maybe I've mis-read something, not installed something in the right order. I'm just getting more and more confused now and need some direction!

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Hi Dave, and welcome

All our airports are designed to be used with our region packs, i.e the AU series or PNW/NRM/CRM and so on

If you're installing the airports but have no FTX region packs you will have to manually add the scenery to your FSX scenery library, instructions for doing that should be in the manuals provided, and you can find those here FSX\ORBX\User Documents

The best way to experience FTX is to grab one of the region pack demos here: http://www.fullterrain.com/product_demos.html

Let us know how you go

Cheers

Tim

Sorted! Please close or class this thread as solved - installed the region pack, wacked up the scenery settings and wow - stunning FSX scenery! Thanks for the help, will thoroughly enjoy having a play and looking forward to the UK scenery becoming available.

Archived