Need some processor advice

PiperFM

So, I've got an HP tower, just about a year and a half old, and I've got an AMD Anthlon II x2 at 3.1 ghz (stock), 2 4gb sticks of RAM and 2 2GB sticks for 12GB total (originally 5GB stock), along with an AMD 6770 1GB graphics card (had no card stock), and a 550W power supply. I was wanting to get a processor upgrade, and I saw the FX-6200 processor, 6 cores, 3.8ghz, Bulldozer, ect. Should I get this processor? It seems to be the nicest one that will fit into my socket (AM3 socket) and into my wallet, though I've heard not-so-nice things about Bulldozer and the sound of the cooling fan. So, do you guys have any other suggestions, or is this one good, along with, is my power supply big enough? I run a 24 inch LCD monitor, Saitek 290 joystick, pro flight rudders, and TrackIR 5 (if these have any bearing on my power supply, I don't know). So, any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Piper

So even the 960T would be better than the 6200?

FSX prefers fast cores with a high IPC over more cores. The FX6200 may have six cores, but individually they are slower than Phenom II cores. As such they have to be clocked higher for similar performance and at that point they run into heat and power issues.

A 960T may only have 4 cores but it's based on Thuban architecture and benefits from a refined IMC. It's probably the best AMD CPU in terms of FSX

Archived