Once Again...

pocketwatch50

Installed New Zealand. First Mc Affee shows a Trojan Removed somewhere in the install routine. Then the ftx Day Lights icon won't run. I get an error from Program files\ Common\install shield\professional\runtime09/01\intel32\dotnetinstaller.exe saying it isn't a valid win 32 application.

hi,

unfortunatly McAffee calls on a false positive :(

best way of action is to exclude your fsX install from scanning and when installing FTX products to de-activate your virus scanner completely, it's a known issue and there are already been sent multiple requests to McAffee to resolve this annoying issue

I used to have McAfee - bloody useless! I actually rang them and asked them about excluding files from scans that I know to be safe. Their response - can't do it. Why, I asked? Their answer - they don't trust anyone but them to know what they're doing and so won't allow us to accidentally stuff up our computer. That was 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back! In the end, my subscription for McAfee was due to expire last week and so I purchased Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012 online and can now exclude the entire Microsoft Games folder from scans, as well as other files/folders I know to be safe. Much more user-friendly program and I will never go back to McAfee. I'd strongly urge you and all simmers to do likewise. To purchase the Australian version, go to...

http://shop.trendmicro.com.au/titanium-maximum-security-new-AU.asp

Archived