Talking about clouds ...

alan2

Alan2

That's usually seen at the end of stormy weather, I don't know the name of the cloud type, but its great for asking the kids to find faces in the cloud.

Now let's see mmmmmmm......... 1, 2, 3, 4, zzzz

Real world weather is all I use. I do like the randomness of it and sometimes, you get the wow moment. I use Open Clouds at the moment with REX and the results are increadible.. only sometimes, it causes the sim to crash. I can never go back to using the default weather engine again....

But REX essentials is gonna be amazing.

Nice shots BTW ;)

Thanks folks,

John

Real world weather is all I use. I do like the randomness of it and sometimes, you get the wow moment. I use Open Clouds at the moment with REX and the results are increadible.. only sometimes, it causes the sim to crash. I can never go back to using the default weather engine again....

But REX essentials is gonna be amazing.

Nice shots BTW ;)

Thanks guys ,

John, do you mean your using Open Cloud textures and REX weather engine ?

Thanks folks,

John

Thanks guys ,

John, do you mean your using Open Cloud textures and REX weather engine ?

No, using Open Clouds to as the weather engine, it will still use REX but better placement of clouds, all layers and Cirrus clouds too which FSX lacks sometimes.

It's much better at high altitude too as you get the realistic haze over the horizon

Interesting pictures here of some interestuing clouds indeed Alan! Like it all very much!

... and:

Just joining this small talking about OpenClouds (OC) in connection with REX:

Indeed Alan: As John mentioned above: Going all well together - just leave the REX weatherengine turned off and use OC instead when You are flying around (start to load the weather with OC just after You have started FSX and chosen a departure-airport)...

And once REX-Essential is here, I guess we will all have a totaly new experience of and "weathered FSX" anyway!

Archived