Flickering Screen

Navigator

Hi Guys,

I wonder if someone can help me with a problem I am having.

I have just had a computer built - specs are as follows:

Window 7 64Bit Home Premium

i7 2600 (GHZ 3.4)

16GB Ram

GTX 570

Monitor Dell VGA

Since receiving my new computer when I load up flight simulator X (Acceleration) my screen flickers?! I have searched the internet and I'm unable to find a solution yet. I have downloaded and installed the latest Nividia GTX 570 drivers but to no avail. I have also searched the micosoft database and only a windows vista screen flickering problem for FSX exists but not for Windows 7?

My monitor is a VGA so not sure if that may have some issue with the GTX 570?

I am at a complete loss as to what to do given I have just spent good money on a computer upgrade. Also what appears to be strange is my LevelD 767 dissappeared and I can only view the engines?! Is this a graphics card issue?

Anyone who can help me would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Lindsay

Lindsay

How old is the monitor?

What is its full DELL title/model as vga unfortunately doesn't give us much to go on? ::)

What connections do you have on the monitor? Just analog? Are there DVI connections? HDMI? (The card should have both HDMI and DVI))

What is the default resolution of the monitor and is that the same in Windows and FSX?

Are you running at the correct refresh rate usually 60Hz for and LCD monitor different for older CRT monitors.

It does sound like the monitor can't handle the new card or something is not quite right settings wise.

Regards

PeterH

Archived