HD Mooney, YRED & balloons!

mmglads

Could not resist, my first flight out of YRED & ran (almost!) into these guys. Back into simming after a month's hard work (entertaining a visiting POM!) - just wonderful to be back relaxing - but so much has happened, I'm playing catch up!  Also, the frame rates are "pukka!"Thanks everyone.

Posted Image

..and just look at the frame rates! (but who's counting, really?)

Top shot

"qantastic" if you pause your sim the FPS will also come right up because things aren't moving on the screen.

God I hate those bloody red warning boxes they detract for screenies badly , I have ALL of mine turned off.

OK Maurice, I just couldn't resist!  :D The sim was running soooo smoothly & I was having fun. It's also just a great pleasure not to have a "slide show" in FSX now I've upgraded. As a matter of interest, how do you turn all the red warnings off? Especially the "zoom" one - drives me nuts too. I seem to remember something about it in FS9, but not looked at it in FSX. Cheers, Malcolm

I was very much tongue in cheek Malcolm  I'm not sure about the Zoom but this would have a setting some where but as for the Brake and Pause that's easy ..

In your FSX.cfg file change the original lines as below to false 

InfoBrakesEnable=False

InfoParkingBrakesEnable=False

InfoPauseEnable=False

InfoSlewEnable=False

InfoStallEnable=False

InfoOverspeedEnable=False

This way no messages will show on screen.

Thanks Maurice! My tongue was also firmly in cheek! Much appreciate the help on this, it will make a difference. I'm going to try & find the zoom command, I wonder if it's in the cameras cfg somewhere... will let you know if I find it. Cheers!

Archived