MD80 out of YRED, Told you so Butch....

Old Archie

Well, I have to say, it was one hell of a ride for the passengers, but I managed to get a FULLY LOADED MD80 Classic out of YRED, extra flaps, stabilizer set to maximum, maximum revs before releasing the brakes and boom! off she went, only JUST made it off the very end of the strip (plus used a bit of the grass at the end, and came within a bee's whatsit of a tailstrike) and the stall warning was going crazy but we did it!  hahahahahaaaaaa.....  ;D  Here is the proof :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ya had 8 meters of runway behind you b4 you released the brakes  :o  Yep mad buggar alright    hehehehe ;)

Just between you and me, I realised this when I took the screenshot and reverse thrusted back so the main gear was on the very edge of the tarmac before I blasted off, without those 8 extra metres we would have been fished outta Moreton Bay for sure  ;D;)

I always had fun dropping 747's into Meigs.  If you take all the weight out you can even stop one using only 40% of the runway at meigs, though perhaps the breaking system in FSX is a bit to aggressive. 

Yea .... yet to see FSX simulate popping the tire plugs from overheating under breaking :P

Ya crazy nut! now lets see a landing!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Funny as hell.. have you download the new patch?

Edit: love the scheme!

Do you mean the beta patch mate, or is there another one I have missed?

Yup, beta 1.0.2 up from 1.0.1 (they are all beta, in fact I've never seen a proper release) fixes quite a few thing I never knew where broken  ;D

Archived