It's Elektric!

Dexter Dog

Lionhearts new Avelina Elektra!

Posted Image

Posted Image

An awesome plane, a little bit different becuase it uses an electric motor! This plane has more features than one could ask for! An amazing and fun plane, perfect for some VFR or longer range flights, she handles beautifully - just really weird how quiet it is inside the cabin!

Had not given it much thought before but flying an electric powered plane would be different . I suppose all the power setting stuff is now redundant , priming pumpimg etc. The more I think about it , the more i think I might not enjoy it as much as listening to an internal combustion engine fire up.

Thanks for posting , sleek machine!

Awesome, looks like a car with wings, the way the windows and doors are designed.

I like the idea of electric motors, ;) but then it would depend on the charge, I take it this is not copied from a real aircraft design.

Very nice :D

Phil

Actually even more like a luxury car inside! The electric windows power up and down (but auto close on 120 knots), and charge comes from a little bio-fuel turnone you can run, or a small pop-out wind turbine, or optional (you might see these in my 2nd pic) solar cells covering the wings! Lots of functions that do something!

That's different ... actually i like it somehow - ... at least the idea of seriously trying to design planes in a sustainable way that is truly noticable... - sure it's still all comparatively new and young, but considering that fact it does not look bad at all i think...

So: I might give it a try as well... but at the moment i am very busy learning to handle the good old PMDG 747 ...

Thanks a lot Dexter Dog for showing this Electra here - and:

A very fine couple of screenshots!

Archived