Duke repaint WIP

pilottj

Here is my next variation of the Tejanahawk scheme. I still have some little bits to iron out on it but this is the general layout. Was attempting some sort of an Art-deco/Streamliner striping. I haven't thought of a Tejana____ name for it yet either nor a phrase for the bottom...open to suggestions :) Might have to find a pinup too. I thought about playing with the engine nacelles but I actually kind of like them plain silver. I tried hard to duplicate the silver/chrome style of the piston Duke N4029S but there must be some different reflective parameters or somthing. This is the best 'silver' I can come up with so far.

Posted Image

Cheers

TJ

Hi TJ,

I wish I had the Duke in my hangar, superb I like this repaint.

You're quite right it does have a DECCO kinda feel with that brushed/burnished alloy, I like the alloy look just the way you've done it, sometimes less is more, the overpolished silver/chrome might spoil it.

Did you sample the windscreen trim (silver) or try to create the silver from scratch, and then apply a black ( 0,0,0 ) alpha channel layer over the top.

Cheers Jethro

The windscreen frame was left alone and is a seperate texture I believe. I first sampled the silver piston duke for my silver..but it was too dark because of the different reflective mapping. Then I sampled the silver used on the P-40 but it was too light. I took the average between the two RGB number wise and went with that.

Think, I will move the black rudder 'feather' stripes lower on the red portion so it looks a little more balanced there.

Cheers

TJ

Archived