'Control panel.exe not found' error message

Hello. 1st post! First of all; congratulations and thanks to all those involved in these incredible contributions to home flight simulation. I can't wait for the UK sceneries!

Previously I have used the FTX Tasmania demo (with the FTX AI traffic and YMLT enhancement) and been amazed how well my modest PC runs it all. However:

I have recently done a new total reinstall of Windows XP Pro (32bit incl SP3 and all updates to date).

I reinstalled FSX and Acceleration plus a few UK scenery addons and that all runs fine.

I just reinstalled the FTX Tasmania demo and free YMLT addition with the FTX Central panel (v1 build 1020 July 2009). (I used my original copies of these demo fies from Feb 2011).

FTX Central now reports ‘control panel.exe not found’ when the YMLT control panel icon is selected. The scenery seems to display OK but doesn't seem quite as 'crisp' as I recall - but that may be the present FSX settings.

Previously I have had problems activating the FTX AI traffic and could only solve it by moving all the existing ‘World of AI’ traffic files to another folder whilst FTX were used, the default AI traffic had been deleted long ago. (I have not yet installed the FTX AI traffic this time round for this reason).

Any suggestions to resolve these problems would be much appreciated?

Thanks.

PW

Update. (See earlier post)

I have now installed the FTX AI Traffic v3.20, with the 3.21 and 3.22 patches.

Now the YMLT control panel does appear in the FTX Central interface window!

But, there is no FTX AI traffic present at Launceston Tasmania (the FSX settings for commercial and GA traffic sliders are at 51%).

I have a few World of AI traffic files installed and working though they are (almost all) UK & Europe based flights.

Do World of AI traffic conflict with FTX AI or need disabling ?

(Previously I have had problems activating the FTX AI traffic and could only solve it by moving all the existing ‘World of AI’ traffic files to another folder whilst FTX were used, the default AI traffic had been deleted long ago.)

PapaWhisky,

you have the problem because the World of AI files are FS9 AI and pose a conflict with FSX AI files. You can fix the problem quite easily with a program called AI Flight Planner by Don Grovestine. As far as I know the latest file is:

AIFP2124.zip

Using it you can search for any FS9 AI and convert them to FSX which will allow ALL the FSX AI you have to show up in the sim.

Will not post a link here as that is frowned upon by management but Google is your friend.

Thanks for that Spud. AI traffic is a bit of a black art to me, something I have yet to understand!

I have located and downloaded the file you suggested and will take a look at how to use it tomorrow. Maybe it will asst my understanding a bit more. Thanks. PW

• 2 weeks later...

This question may as well be closed.

When I installed the Tasmania demo and the Launceston airport add-on, the "ORBX YMLT Control Panel" did not appear in the "FTX Central" window.

However when I recently installed the ORBX AI Traffic that control panel and the YMLT control panel both dispayed. So 'problem solved' though how, I have no idea !

Archived