Piaggio P180

alexf

Wilco released a P180 Avantii for FSX. I purchased the plane, and while it is not without its quirks and problems, it is fun to fly. There is also a freeware version for FSX available on Avsim. Do a search for "ersp180fsx.zip" Mike Gutierrez. North Hollywood, Califfornia

I know it's akin to heresy to mention FS9 in these forums, however I fly FSD's bird in that sim. The striking thing one notices is not the speed, appearance or configuration but just how long this aircraft takes to decellerate. Its just SOOOOO slippery. A real challenge in fact.

I used to work for an FBO as a ramper, used to service them sometimes. Very beautiful airplanes, and easy to work with. I liked them because they had a single point refueling port...(common on bizjets, not turboprops)..no need to climb up on a ladder with a heavy fuel hose....hated Caravans for that, especially in the winter :P

Frosty, matter of opinion, I love it and also the less than succesful Beech Starship (altjough a modern version probably would be a success- it was ahead of it's time) Would love a Starship for FSX, Have the Avanti

• 1 month later...

It isn't just you, Dave. I find it ugly, too. It may be an aerodynamic whizz, and that's what is important, but I think it is 'over-styled'. The Beech Starship looked more masculine. But this....?

John G

Archived