Install errors with windows 7 64bit

Hi All

I have just downloaded the Pacific NW demo. I`ve downloaded it a couple of times but I still get install errors. The Self extractor runs and installs ok. As soon as the control panel then initialises I have a report of many files in error. Here is a small sample of the report:-

Custom Files Validation Report

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_ChestnutMaple_FA.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_ChestnutMaple_SP.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_CottonwoodElm.dds

FSX file does not exist.

If I then try to run the North America maps in FTX central when I click apply, I receive an error station North America Applied but with errors. It actually then does appear in FSX.

Any advice/help would be very much appreciated..

Justin

The errors you are getting are because FSX has not been updated to SP2 (or alternatively, the Acceleration pack has not been installed)

Depending on the version you purchased, you should already have this.

If you have an "old" FSX Deluxe disc ... you may need to download the updates from the Microsoft website. (Install SP1, start FSX, and then install SP2)

If you have a "Gold" disc, then acceleration is included on the second disc. Install this to update FSX.

Archived