YSCB-NZQN

GrayRider

Here are some numerous shots I took last night,on a longer flight that I'm not used to,aussie country to new zealand.My rendering of scenery isn't quite where I'd like it to be,but I'm working on it.Oop's I forgot to change the image size in my photobucket account,hmmm.I guess the shots may look blurry,because of the size I used.

Enjoy the shots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

GrayRider

The DC-8 50 I'm flying was a heavy smoker anyway,just like the 707's and some others,in real time Ha!.In real time I spent seven years in aircraft maintance on these planes.These planes were easy to work on as well.

GrayRider

Thanks.I do enjoy older heavy metals of the past,but I don't do a lot of long hauls,very ofter.The flight was about 1200 NM.I need to quite flying in winter mode,because my winter textures don't come out very well,as far as graphic's rendering.The other seasons seem to do pretty good.

Getting to Alice Springs from other points thru out Australia,would be long haul,using the DC-8's/707's/727's,based on fields with long enough runways to get off the ground etc.I hope there's more larger fields coming in the future for AU RED,and Tasmana etc.

GrayRider

Thanks Dexter.What you are referring to could be done,but not from the bone yard on the base,where all the planes are stored.There are aircraft salvage yards outside the base,that have a lot of goodies,you can buy.Such as cockpit panel layouts to build a great sim cockpit in a big garage our backyard shop.So the are all kinds of possibilities,where I'm at.

GrayRider

A real wonderful set of pictures here GreyRider with some very superb looking sky and clouds - great variations here! And i really enjoyed to see this "old iron" very much too!

Some very fine and interesting comments here above as well! Some real fine talking here - Thanks a lot for it all, as it was all very interesting to read!

I also did not note any blurries if they would not have been mentioned ... - so all great here in my opinion.

And wintertextures - just a small remark ... if You refer to the appearance of "snow-textures" within FSX, than please don't worry to much, as there have been some troublesome issues around them from day one FSX has been released!

But again: A great series of opictures here!

Thanks for the comments everyone.Istill have some computer issues,dealing with graphics the way the scenery's should look,as I see on numerous screenshots.I think my pc hardware is fair,except for the GPU,which I will up grade to a better one in the near future.I'll get a grip on the problems in time I guess.

GrayRider

Archived