Happy New Year and a question

Lyn

First, a very happy new year to a great bunch of people that give so freely of their knowledge to these forums.

I visit here almost every day, and I find that any problems that arise for me have usually already been addressed.

A huge thank-you to the ORBX team for their magnificent creations and unsurpassed support. My FSX would look very ordinary without you.

My question:

I am building a modest FlightSim computer for a friend of mine on a limited budget.

I have two Video cards on my bench to choose from. It will plug into an ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 motherboard. (Intel Core i5 2500K)

EVGA GTX 275 FTW

EVGA GTX 550 Ti FPB

I think the 550 would be the choice, would any-one disagree?

First, a very happy new year to a great bunch of people that give so freely of their knowledge to these forums.

I visit here almost every day, and I find that any problems that arise for me have usually already been addressed.

A huge thank-you to the ORBX team for their magnificent creations and unsurpassed support. My FSX would look very ordinary without you.

My question:

I am building a modest FlightSim computer for a friend of mine on a limited budget.

I have two Video cards on my bench to choose from. It will plug into an ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 motherboard. (Intel Core i5 2500K)

EVGA GTX 275 FTW

EVGA GTX 550 Ti FPB

I think the 550 would be the choice, would any-one disagree?

Is there a great way in prices from GTX550 and GTX560 ? If your budget is enought, i must advice you to choose the GTX 560 Ti 1Go DDR5, there are some good, already tweaked and overclocked, versions that you should appreciate.

Otherwise, if you're too short in your budget, the 550 is the card you need (don't forget that it's DX11 card, and then the DX10 option in your FSX will disappear...), the 275 is definitively an older one and may makes your new rig solwer than it could works...

Archived