Taz - a multi player adventure

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Well, autogen is set to very dense (not maximum). Those are the specs :

Conroe E6600 @ 3.6 Ghz water cooled

FSB 1600

P5WDG2 WS Professional

Mushkin XP2-6400 4GB kit CL4

5 x WD 2500 KS 16 MB S-ATA2

Enermax Galaxy 1000 Watt

BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX OC WC 768MB @ 650/1500/2000

24" Benq FP241 6ms LCD @ 1920x1200x32

2 x 19" Samsung 970P 6ms LCD @ 1280x1024x32 (one on the client PC)

Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Music

Vista Ultimate 64

Super Pi 1M - 14.3 sec

Yes, i use two PCs in a network. The main monitor is the 24" Benq with TrackIR. I extended (not stretched) the view to one 19" for dragging over avionic windows, kneeboard, ATC, ect. The second 19" belongs to the client PC which runs Fscommander, MSN, Google Earth and weather for example.

Here's a pic with the setup before i added the client PC (that's my daughter Meileen btw :-))

Posted Image

Here with the two PCs in a network. That's my father who came for visit, he really enjoyed the sim (sorry for the lousy quality - this pic is made by a cell phone camera and it was very dark...)

Posted Image

Mango

you deffinately run a nice system

i noticed you were using the saitek x52 have you considered the yoke and pedals from saitek. I have just purchased them and what a difference. I will send a pic of my setup as soon as i locate my camera which the 12 year old had last so that could be anywahere.

Shane

Thanks guys. Well, autogen is set to very dense (not maximum). Those are the specs :

Hi Mango,

is autogen to very dense with default textures and .cfg to default or are you still using the excellent tweaks you taught at Flight Sim World ?  :)

Here's the link http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92413

BTW, thank you very much for those, they really made an awesome difference in the game  :)

and how did you manage a stable OC @ 3.6ghz ? I can only get it stable at 3.4ghz. Did you have the 1000W PSU at the time of the post @ FSW ?

You should also consider CH pedals, they are excellent, I tried both Saitek's and CH before buying, man at the sim shop was kind enough to let me take both and test them before buying and in the end I went for CH, Saitek are very nice and good looking, but CH have a different feeling altogether that I prefer.

Thank you very much for the screen shots you've been posting, I'm counting the days for the release of this addon. :P

Regards

Bruno

Thanks Bruno  :). Wow the good (?) old RTM times... 14 month are those pics now old. It was a adventure to get it running even with one of the most powerful PCs out there at this time. At first i had Vista 32, 2 GB RAM and a X1900XT - now i upgraded to Vista 64, 4 GB RAM and a 8800 GTX (650/2000). The CPU and GPU are water cooled, for 3.6 GHz i need 1.50 volt (1.48 after the droop). Temps are o.k. around 60 C.

The only tweak i use today is trees_per_cell. There i play with values between 2500 and 3000. Nothing else. It happens that i enable bloom and maximum water for some screen shots, but for everyday flying bloom and ground shadows are off and water is at 2xHigh (this works well after SP2). Autogen is always at dense and scenery at very dense. Cars show well at 12%, ships and ferries are no problem at 100%. Sometimes i enable GA traffic with 75%, airliner traffic is off since i don't have a traffic addon yet (the default airliner traffic is a real killer).

Hang on for FTX, it's really a fantastic scenery addon - no doubt  8).

Cheers

Heiko

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for pic's.Are we able to get a copy of the Goose paint job.

Do you have any problems  running Vista 64,software driver probs.

Do you run a lot of different software.

I use my System for Photo's,Video,music,Games(FSX-FPS-CAR SIM'S)in Vista 32 Ultimate.

My System.

AMD FX74 Quad Core 3Ghz,

Asus MB,

4 GB ram,

Asus 8800 GTX,

3 3200 WD 16gb,

Vista 32 Ultimate.

Cheers....

JohnG.... ::)

Well, Cell made only two repaints with our name on specially for those flights. Let me ask him if he can upload it without pilot name.

I encountered only two programs which didn't run under Vista 64. My 32 bit registry scanner, which i replaced with a 64 bit version and SbuilderX. Everything else works flawless (even the X-Fi driver). I won't go back to 32 bit  ;).

Heiko

Thanks Mango  ;)

Think I'll leave it at 3.4ghz for now, it's stable and my system is not water cooled, quite happy with it, it really made a difference :D

What temps do you register at the gpu with the water cooler ? I also have the 8800 Ultra and temps are always between 79 and 90º according to nvidia monitor, which i think are a bit high, but it seems this is normal for these gfx cards :\

Regards and Merry Christmas !

Bruno

Indeed it does make a difference  ;) ! 3.2 - 3.4 GHz is the point where you start to enjoy FSX (no kidding...).

My temps are quiet o.k. - with a stress test program like Orthos i get maximum 63 C, FSX runs at 50 - 55 C and the GTX (which is in one loop with the CPU) doesn't exceed 62 C. Three green over here. I am not sure how much the Ultra can take, maybe you'll find somewhere more detailed information. 90 C seems to be at the upper tolerance.

Heiko

Archived