VOR failing to deflect indicator - strange issue

Jotayhen

Hi All,

I am having to deal with an issue that has me stumped at the moment. First, some information: I am operating the Quest Kodiak. I have installed PNW, NRM and PFJ together with all of the patches and the latest library file. I have just added Tongas Fjords and FTX central has North America applied.

Now my issue: I decided to take an extended, meandering trip from southern Oregon (Nace family airstrip - OG41 all the way to Deadhorse - PASC) All was going very well as I worked my way up through Oregon and into Washington. My routine was to dial in the various VOR's and navigate low level between the various navaids and airstrips. As I flew from KOLM to KPAE, I noticed the PAE VOR was not deflecting my NAV1 HSI. The same issue occurred when I entered the frequencies for the Comox (UQQ) and Port Hardy (YZT) VOR's. I am presently parked at CYZT and so I can't say that any other VOR's further north have the same issue.

Anyone have any ideas? I have not had this issue with any of the VOR's I used which were in the PNW and south of this area. Also, I tested my equipment by taking a flight from Camden, SC (KCDN) to Columbia, SC (KCAE) using the CAE VOR to confirm the equipment worked outside of the Orbx scenery area and everything worked fine. I am surely open to suggestions and/or ideas!

Thanks!

John

By the way, I used Plan G to create the flight plan I am using. The frequencies listed on my flight plan for those VORs are - PAE ( 110.6 MHz), UQQ (110.4 MHz) and YZT (112.00 MHz). I double checked those frequencies using the World/Map function and they are all consistent with my FSX database.

Archived