Sandhills Air Cargo New Hanger at Harvey Field

Wolf2grey

It's important to install PNW patches and airfields with Central set to North America. When you made this pics, did you switch to North America beforehand ?

If so, could you please (with North America active) check in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery if you have several ADE_FTX_PNW_(airfield code)_elevation_adjustment.BGL.OFF files ?

So if I check and the .BGL files are OFF, that is incorrect?......I did have NA set in Control Panel on the screenshots......I did have NA set when I installed all other files, including the patches. Just before installing Harvey, I had installed New Zealand and then set Panel to NZ so I could check it out, thus the Panel was set to Oceana. After flying around in NZ, I then downloaded Harvey field and without thinking, I installed Harvey with Oceana set in Control Panel. Its the only one I installed with the incorrect area set.

When you have Central set to NA, can you see the ADE_FTX_PNW_S43_elevation_adjustment.BGL.OFF file ? If you can see ADE_FTX_PNW_S43_elevation_adjustment.BGL (no OFF extension) it would be o.k. - in this case please run Central - Tools - Scenery Library Configuration - Validate Scenery.cfg.

Please let me know if this helps.

Not sure what screenshot you would like to see so to verify it being okay. All my elevation .bgl files were okay. I then ran the Validate Scernery.cfg file. It does look different now so maybe okay. Please check picture and advise one last time..........I thank you for your time......

Posted Image

• 2 months later...

Hi Wolf,

Just wondering if you fixed your elevation issue at S43. I noticed Heiko did not comment on your last screen posted above and see you still have the issue. I have the exact same thing going on and have been unable to correct it. So far Orbx has not responded to my support request but I am sure someone will take note. I came across your posting while searching the forums for answers. Your screens are identical to mine. Nice add to the maintenance barn by the way.

Regards,

Rob

Sorry, i missed this post... By any chance, do you have FSX installed into the default Program Files location ?

Please remove the ADE_FTX_PNW_S43_elevation_adjustment.BGL file and install S43 again. Make sure the new file is present. Maybe it does not overwrite for a reason.

Please let me know if this fixes the issue.

Hi Heiko,

Pleasure to meet you. Thanks for responding. Just for info my support request post with screens is here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/43195-elevation-issues-at-s43-harvey-field/ I have FSX installed on its own hard drive separate from the operating system. You want me to remove the above file ( ADE_FTX_PNW_S43_elevation_adjustment.BGL) from the Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery location? Is there any special way to uninstall S43 I should follow and when I reinstall, should I also reinstall the 004, 004a patches and libraries??

Regards,

Rob

My pleasure too, Rob :) .

To prevent mixed up CP settings just delete the whole S43 folder manually as well as the ADE_FTX_PNW_S43_elevation_adjustment.BGL. No need for special uninstall procedures when you reinstall.

The missing Helicopter is fixed and coming soon with a S43 update (i just wait for the animated flag to arrive which i want to include).

Please check if the installer places the elevation adjustment file. The PNW updates are not affected.

Hi Heiko,

Well, that did it for me. Performed all as you advised and S43 is working as it should. Can't thank you enough, I really appreciate it. I thought for sure the fix would be more involved than just a simple uninstall/reinstall. Do you have any idea what was wrong?? While your here, I have a couple of questions. In researching my own issue with S43 on the forums, I saw a post from Skimmer with a seperate S43 issue :

I also have no person sitting in pool and I do have the control option set to pool party on. Thank you.

I don't have a pool party option in the CP for S43. Just a girl sitting on the edge of the pool. I was wondering if there was supposed to be an option for the pool party or was he possibly confusing it with the BBQ party. Lastly, I was wondering if there was going to be a future option to ride in the AI hot air balloon as it fly's around S43. When I first purchased S43, I found myself just sitting and watching the entire cycle of the balloons. Incredible scenery by the way. Just stunning........tops the list as my favorite.

Regards,

Rob

That's great news indeed and thanks for the kind words :) .

To be honest, i am not 100% sure why this file did not overwrite... It might have to do with folder permission settings. Is UAC set to minimum ? I'll talk to the team if we can improve the installation routine.

S43 got no pool party, i am sure he meant the BBQ scenery. For PeopleFlow showing correct it is necessary to download the latest Orbxlibs and tick the 'Advanced animations' box in the FSX settings.

By the way, we just got the train running between Harvey and Monroe, stay tuned for a preview soon (it's really awesome ^_^ ). And for a nice hotair balloon you can google for HAB.zip by Bruce Fitzgerald. Should be possible to go around with the AI balloons (i have to try this myself) :) .

Hi Heiko,

Just for info, my UAC is off. Haven't used that option for some time. Caused me too much grief. When you're talking about a file overwrite, do you mean that the adjustment.bgl file that comes with your scenery is supposed to overwrite the one that is included with FTX PNW?? I was under the impression that PNW uses default FSX files for the airports if you have not added on the additional FTX airports.

Great news about the train. I read several posts from members about that. Now people are going to want to ride the train. ^-^

I have tried the HAB.zip file. Pretty basic. You can go up using the throttle, and you can go down. Thats about it. You can't stay around the area and watch the action around S43 so to speak. I always get carried off towards the mountains. However, I might try some different weather settings to see if I can change that.

Regards,

Rob

Archived