Cool FREE sunlight enhancement.

squeeker

Thought I'd share a cool addon to the existing sun effect that I found on www.AVSIM.com. It's called suneffect.zip and is by Dave Bolger. He designed it as an alternative for people who couldn't run lightbloom due the framerate hit. But when it's run in concert with lightbloom you get some really spectacular results. Also in a standard FSX setup, with lightbloom on,  sometimes the cockpit glass "tones down" the sunlight and glare - this is the opposite of reality in my experience.

Anyway it's pretty much a matter of taste and opinion. I personally like it. Doesn't affect FPS at all that I can tell. It's an easy mod to install and remove without damage from my experimenting..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archie... what is SUNFIX?

Straight from AVSIM :

This package will enhance the sun effects in FSX and add simulated volumetric light rays extending from the corona. It’s designed to work with and without light bloom and be dynamic with the time of day, altitude, clouds and the level of atmospheric humidity content. The elements which light bloom enhance have been reworked so bloom is not overpowering and should display in proper scale. ENJOY!

Filename: nicks_sunfix1.zip

License: Freeware, limited distribution

Added: 23rd October 2007

Downloads: 3439

Author: Nick Needham

Size: 1263kb

Has worked really well for me so far!  ;)

Archived