TripleHead2Go and Track IR opinions

rjbrown7

I hope to upgrade in the next couple of months and if possible purchase a TH2Go and Track IR.  I believe this will give the most immersive experience and be able to enjoy the wide variety of General Aviation Virtual Cockpits.  Any opinions of this setup both positive and negative would be welcome. 

Roy

Hi Roy,

I have TH2GO with 3 24" Samsungs and TrackIR

Positive:

-The most immersive sim flying experience available for home user with a reasonable budget.

-Excellent for visual VFR flying.

-Makes you enjoy beautiful sceneries like FTX even more.

Negative:

-TH2Go resolution is limited. When I run in 3 display mode I cant have the native resolution in each display, though my displays have good scaling and the scaling doesnt really bother me in 3D application like FSX.

-Wife complaining about the 3 monitors at first, but now being accepting about it so everything is alright.

-Not wanting to go back to single monitor anymore (this could also be positive)

I would say go for it. With TrackIR, you may find it needs a bit of getting used to at first, but at one point you will love it. :)

Just remember that when you run 3 X 24" wide screens things will be stretched sideways and squashed down in height.

Track IR when properly tuned to a particular Sim and persons preferred movement style is the single piece of harware that WILL make a world of difference to your flight experience.

Go to the Matrox Web site and fine their compatibility checker  which will allow you to set your hardware  parameters and calculate what screen and resolution you are able to obtain.  This depends on your graphics card as well, so check and recheck.

There is a new tool they (Matrox) have made that allows you to run your desktop as 3 screens rather than expand to full screen with your browser say and have it on one monitor and not across the 3 which was annoying at best.  I am currently setting aside funds to build a cockpit using uncollimated displays and Fresnel lenses so the monitors can be used as windows.  My idea is to eventually use Simkits gauges but for a start an LCD panel behind the main panel will suffice, but that's a long way off yet.

No brainer  Track IR and TH2GO is wicked  I can feel a Video coming on .

Just remember that when you run 3 X 24" wide screens things will be stretched sideways and squashed down in height.

Maurice,

This is not true if you have the TH2GO Digital Edition. It allows you to choose 16:10 and 16:9 widescreen resolutions, which is a normal aspect ratio for 24" monitors. Therefore no stretching or squashing. :)

Archived