From A Jefferson County Homefielder

BroncoBilly

Obviously anxious. Meanwhile, all the ORBX products you have done in the immediate area have kept me smiling all year. Probably contributed to the most irresponsible financial move of my life, taking up real flying and acquiring N1940Q.

Heard some complaints about too many airports in one area, but obviously for us who live here, it has been almost unbelievable good fortune.

Thanks to all at ORBX and Happy Holidays. :)

Heard some complaints about too many airports in one area, but obviously for us who live here, it has been almost unbelievable good fortune.

Have to agree, I fly out of KRNT and KAWO, and love the fact that they have made so many airports in PNW. I fly into Spruce Goose Cafe regularly, we may have to meet up!

Zach

Obviously anxious. Meanwhile, all the ORBX products you have done in the immediate area have kept me smiling all year. Probably contributed to the most irresponsible financial move of my life, taking up real flying and acquiring N1940Q.

Thanks to all at ORBX and Happy Holidays. :)

Thanks for the post and glad to hear that FS has inspired you to take up flying for real! Do you keep your plane at 0S9? And rest assured, our JeffCo scenery will be out shortly and I think all of my fellow locals will be pleased. :)

-Scott

Is the windsock functional? I went up today near dusk...Strong west wind on takeoff..Dew point and temperature were the same and fog looked imminent, so returned a half hour later. Now its a lazy east wind. This is a tremendously dynamic place when it comes to wind. When its shooting down the strait, its a west wind. When its swooshing up from the SW around the Olympic MTns, its SE. sometimes it is doing both you never know what is going to happen. Sometimes the two flows meet right at Diamond Point, a couple miles away, which also has vertical cliffs on each end of the runway. Try that on a windy day. I once ballooned up several hundred feet on short final! The cardboard mill at Port Townsend usually has a plume which tells us something, but not necessarily what is going on at Jefferson County a couple miles away...

Archived