My first in NZ

Derek McAllan

G'day all,

Well, after much farting around to get NZSI to work on my PC, including a full reinstall of all my ORBX scenery :(, I'm finally up and running. So here's my first (of many, many to come) set of screenies in this mind blowingly special piece of scenery. I chose a flight into Milford Sound for this flight, flying down the coast from a little strip to the North called Martins Bay on a nice sunny December day. Seeing as I wanted to go low and slow, what better opportunity to get some airtime in the Cub? On with the show...

Posted Image

Preflight at Martins Bay, a lovely little grass strip to the North of Milford Sound

Posted Image

Turning West out to the coast after takeoff

Posted Image

Cruising down the coast at 2000'

Posted Image

Approaching the entrance to the Sound

Posted Image

Making the turn into Milford Sound proper, one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world

Posted Image

Giving a little wing waggle to the tourists on the Sound tour boat below

Posted Image

Stunning rock textures and beautiful trees too! The forest coverage in NZSI is just mind blowing.

Posted Image

Turning into final for Milford Sound airport.

Posted Image

On the deck again!

Loving this scenery guys, between this and the Alice I'm a very spoilt little flight simmer at the moment. Pity I'm travelling for work (Yay, another six Qantas flights in a week. Oh joy. At least it's good for the Frequent Flyer points...) from today until Christmas, I won't get to enjoy any more flying until I return :(

Hope you enjoyed the set, look forward to posting more next week! Fly safe and enjoy!

Cheers,

Derek

Beautiful indeed Derek. For another fantastic scenery, fly from Westport to Fox Glacier. Complete a flight plan for it so that you are flying about 2 miles west of the shore, Have the view from the side of your aircraft on a fine sunny day and watch the Southern Alps go by in the distance.

Jim.

Thanks all!

I'm LOVING your water settings, please share :)

Shader3.0 mod, High2.0 in FSX, REX OD, can't remember the wave theme, I think it's Orderly. Away from home (and by extension FSX!) for a week, will confirm when I return.

Beautiful indeed Derek. For another fantastic scenery, fly from Westport to Fox Glacier. Complete a flight plan for it so that you are flying about 2 miles west of the shore, Have the view from the side of your aircraft on a fine sunny day and watch the Southern Alps go by in the distance.

Jim.

Thanks Jim! I appreciate some local knowledge for some route planning.

Cheers,

Derek

Archived