CCDN Feedback

Jay Kae

Sweet stuff mate, now you said you recommend the global CCDN , I like getting feedback .. is there any particular reason ?

I'll give you some feedback Jay - I used the global CCDN last night to download YWOL and it was way quicker than the Australian server (started with the Australian - from memory about 300kbps vs 2800kbps for the global). Those figures are pretty hazy, but the order of magnitude is about right.

Jay: I haven't downloaded it yet, but I like the fact it's like Steam or Amazon. I'm just terrible with physical media as well. Also I'm paying for the bandwidth and If I can choose a closer location, to make it go faster I will. Also there is nothing better than the ground swell just before a region release like NZSI and the fact you handle it with grace makes the FSS store look good period.

Jay has built us a fine delivery system indeed. It rivals and may even excel above the same type of mechanisms utilised by the likes of Steam. While there will always be one here or there who wont experience acceptable performance on this system it has certainly in my mind put FSS ahead of the rest where digital delivery is concerned.

I used the ozzie one last nite for the YBAS download.

600k per sec here. Not blazing, but fine for a download of that size. Only took half an hour or so.

Bloody great work, Jay. You're the man!

Frank

And Adrian, because of the great set-up at FSS (and Jay's great behind-the -scenes work), it is one of the only places I buy Flight Sim Add-ons from now,

Frank

Hi,

never had any problem downloading from the German server, which should be the closest to my home. A very friendly and reliable server. Through Internet Download Manager I reach 1Mb x 7 segments which fills up all my available bandwith. Very fast service.

I clicked on the Aus 1 server for my first download (Moorabbin, I think) and I got about 600k a sec from it, but when Wollongong came out I hit the Global and it cam down at about a 1000k per second.

When Alice was released yesterday, I tried the second Aussie server and got about 600 k per second again.

I'll probably use the Global one from now on, tho,

Frank

• 1 month later...

Sweet stuff mate, now you said you recommend the global CCDN , I like getting feedback .. is there any particular reason ?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I never realised this topic was even here! For some reason it didn't come up in my notifications when Jay quoted me.

I just reccomend the global server because it was ultra-fast compared to the Australian one. At first it thought it would be faster (because I live in Australia) but I was proved wrong...

Frank

Archived