G'day all,

I'm back again after another protracted absence from screenshots. Work has taken me all over the country the past few weeks, spent last week visiting some of my employer's sites up in the Kimberleys. Lots of hopping around the far north of W.A. in Broome Aviation's Cessna 208's and 404's. Got to fly right hand seat a couple of times so was pretty happy with that, wish my camera hadn't been stowed away in my bag!

Been flying to Mackay quite a bit lately as well, and have gained an appreciation for the beautiful mountainous landscape along Queensland's coast, so with that in mind today's flight was exploring some of that gorgeous scenery with a hop from Mackay airport up the coast over Proserpine and then swinging out to Hamilton Island to collect a load of weary charter passengers late in the afternoon. The flight was flown in the sublime Turbine Duke - a plane that I'm loving more and more every flight - with real weather courtesy of REX, and the pics have been lightly edited for effect. Sit back and enjoy!!

Posted Image

Lined up on Runway 14, ready to takeoff once a Qantaslink Dash 8 clears the runway ahead.

Posted Image

Making the turn back from runway heading to the desired track NW to head for Proserpine.

Posted Image

Feet wet and finishing off the turn

Posted Image

VOR track intercepted and leaving Mackay behind.

Posted Image

Clearing weather ahead and enjoying the rugged terrain inland

Posted Image

Over Proserpine and making the turn for Hamilton Island. Say cheese!

Posted Image

Crossing the coast again, leaving the mountains behind. Clear skies ahead all the way to the destination as the sun sinks lower in the sky.

Posted Image

On final with a bit of a stiff crosswind that wasn't apparent until the last mile or so.

Posted Image

About to cross the threshold. Bugger, just realised I forgot to turn my landing lights on :ph34r:

Posted Image

Touchdown! Now to go find my passengers and get them back to Mackay 8)

Hope you enjoyed the flight, as always comments and criticism are more than welcome!

Cheers,

Derek

Thoroughly enjoyed that set Derek. Work has kept me away from simming as well. Those shots reminds me how of much I miss it. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Derek,

Welcome back, I'm gathering that your new rig was champing at the bit for a little FSX. These are magnificent shots, I was wondering if you still use FSWC as I remember you showed some other screeniesa while back having cracked the perfect settings. Shot 9 water is awsome, would you mind sharing your FSWC settings.

Cheers Jethro

Thanks guys!

Dontay - yeah, my sim flight time is severely restricted at the moment, but I'm enjoying every little bit I get. Look forward to seeing some more of your great work when you get back into it!!

Chris - good to see you back home mate, hope you're enjoying the nice weather ;) Certainly more pleasant than where I've been all week!

Emmsie - Thanks mate, and a belated congrats on your advance to official screenshotter status mate!

Jethro - I don't use FSWC any more as I use the Shader3.0 mod, and the two aren't compatible. My REX water theme however is Speculation [OD] and it's enhanced with a tweaked waterconstants.xml file.

Cheers,

Derek

Archived