ILS training in FSX?

John Bosch

A friend of mine (actually the guy that's going to teach me to fly) has been looking at FSX to help him with his own ILS training. To this end, while watching our sons play soccer, he asked me if there is anyway to see a post-flight analysis that shows you the ILS glide slope and your position. I told him there is the vertical position thing in the flight analysis section but it doesn't show you the required glide slope as far as I know.

Does anybody know of an add-on that does this kind of analysis? Basically, as far as I could tell, he wanted something that shows where he went and where the ILS said he should be.

PS: I'm also subtley telling him how good AU Blue and so on are ;)

Well it a pinch I suppose you could use FS recorder and re run the Approach but with fair weather rather than near whiteout. I'm not sure whether thisĀ  would work or not.

The Flight analiser in FSX is like the one in FS9 and I think only provides a side on view.

You could share the cockpit with him but your PC have Fair weather and record the landing with fraps or similar.

Realistically speaking though if you on slope then your instruments will confirm this, if not the wise and safe move is to go around.

The inbuilt recorder in FS could be employed but I cant remember if this will save the approach and allow you to delete foul weather so analysis can be done.

Archived