heads up on new 580 gpu drivers

lthendrix

• 3 weeks later...

Mate, the 285.62 drivers were released on the 24th October, so they are not new.

I have found them to be very good. I hear a lot of people heaping it on NVIDIA for putting out drivers that don't suit their systems.

I think if they issued drivers once every six months people would be whinging about that, so it's a no win.

For me, it's a win,

Frank

Guest J van E

Mate, the 285.62 drivers were released on the 24th October, so they are not new.

I have found them to be very good.

Don't know who you are calling mate, but this topic was opened October 26th, so when lthendrix posted this, they were pretty new. :P Pigeon Jockey was a bit slow with his reaction, but he didn't say there were new. ;)

BTW I agree with you: they are good. It's been a while since I kept the newest driver, but to me this one is a keeper.

Yeah, sorry about my goof-up there.

And sorry if I offended you, J, but "mate" is part of the ozzie vernacular, so I call most men "mate" and most women "darling".

It doesn't necessarily mean I think you're my best friend, but it does mean I don't dislike you.

And to my old mate Loren, I'm away on holidays for some weeks yet, but as soon as I get back, I'll have some updates, mate.

Frank

Guest J van E

And sorry if I offended you, J, but "mate" is part of the ozzie vernacular, so I call most men "mate" and most women "darling".

O, haha, not offended at all! Maybe the words 'calling mate' were the wrong ones (English is not my native language). I simply meant to say 'I don't know whom you were adressing'. ;) I've been long enough on the Orbx forum to know and be familiar with the usage of 'mate', mate! :P

Archived