Canberra memory leak issues - OOM - YSCB

Zangdaarr

Hi guys,

Each time I try to land at Canberra, I have an out of memory CTD.

I can departure because my computer has a lot of memory, but I can't imagine buying from 6Go to 12Go just to land here.

Has anyone experienced such issues, and how do you fix it ?

Of course, YSCB is patched, and I have lastest library

Orders

Is that related to a special plane in use? Also, are you running a 64 bit Windows?

Of course, YSCB is patched, and I have lastest library

So that's YSCB 110 and the 111014 libraries, yes?

The sheer amount of RAM installed does not impact FSX oom problems unless you would have only 1 or 2gb. So 6gb are more than enough to run stable and fast, but the operating system and maybe some tweaks like highmemfix=1 in the fsx.cfg can help.

However, the first two questions may be vital ones so far. :)

Yes, both of them.

I have highmemfix, it's a memory leak issue, ram usage is increasing toward infinity. The more i have, the longer I last.

However, the bestthing would be to fix that issue. A few min of procmon shows a lot of orbx missing files.

it's a memory leak issue, ram usage is increasing toward infinity.

I have no doubts in your reports, Zangdaarr, so please don't read my stuff in the wrong way. But it, currently, could be that it only happens at your end, so one has to investigate a bit further to allow the devs to maybe find a possible source of errors.

See Ian's questions.

I might add the question about other Oz scenery stuff installed. Something like OZx and the fine Ant's sceneries. Maybe you can try disabling them for testing purposes.

Hello there,

So, this is strange, but I decided to set recommanded FSX settings and my memory leak went away. I wonder why fsx setting can introduce memory leak with orbx, maybe it's about autogen, but I am a bit frustrated cos I had to lower them :D

So, I am now dealing with g3d.dll issues, as some of you are. When I use the fsx alert system (enabled from .cfg), for missing library objets, I can complete the flight, when not, I crash near Canberra, at a place where no alert occurs.

I might add the question about other Oz scenery stuff installed. Something like OZx and the fine Ant's sceneries. Maybe you can try disabling them for testing purposes.

I disabled OZx cos It was generating too much g3d.dll crashs.

Otherwise I am using win 7 64bits, and I will try to post a procmon report soon, as soon as I get time to export it properly

Archived