Question About The Orbx Traffic Package

tanker50

I like to install my own AI traffic from AI flightplans available on the internet. My question is: do the flightplans used in the FTX package just cover flights into and out of Austrialian airports, or does it include all airports serviced by an airline. For example, the FTX package obviously includes Qantas flights. Assuming that I do not add my own traffic file for Qantas, will I still see Qantas flights arriving and departing from LAX or Heathrow with just the FTX package installed. Thanks. Mike Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California

For the Australian and New Zealand airlines, the FTX Traffic pack will have the total world wide flights but for the International carriers, you will only see these at the Australian and New Zealand airports and their first port of call outside that area.

That is, you will see Qantas and Air New Zealand etc. at LAX and Heathrow etc. but you will only see British Airlines, Singapore Air etc at say, Hong Kong or Singapore etc. It is not within the scope of the FTX AU traffic package to include world wide flight schedules for these non Australasian airlines.

The FTX AU traffic pack has two separate traffic files for airline traffic which can be selected independently within the Control Panel. If you wish to use a third party traffic file for non Australasian airlines then deselect the FTX AI International Airline Traffic in the control panel and use the third party one.

Archived