Rather you lot than me!

Russ White

Ah those lovely Huntsmen. The most freakeist thing I've ever seen was with a huntsmen and a spider wasp. The wife freaked out one summer evening that there was a huntsmen inside by the front door. Went to investigate and sure enough there it was. And a wasp circling it. I just watched in stunned disbelief as this wasp grabbed this huntsmen, which was paralysed, dragged him out the front door. Read up later that this wasp then lays an egg on the still alive spider and you can guess what happens next. Still gives me the shivers.

I've seen that a number of times in my backyard, as the Hornet drags the huntsman into its hole.

Here ya all go, it's not only snakes and spiders (and anything or anyone from Adelaide) that you have to worry about... 

http://www.theage.com.au/national/jogger-attacked-by-kangaroo-20080901-4750.html

Actually reminds me of something that happened to me 15 years ago when I was on holiday in Sydney. A roo decided to grab a sandwich out of my hand that I was up until that point enjoying. In the end it got the sandwich and I got stitches in my hand (as did my old man, but his were from laughing too hard).  We have a video of it somewhere, it just hops up to me then reaches out with both arms and yoink, off it goes my sandwich.

And of course you all read about the visiting Japanese gliding competitor who disappeared somewhere in country Victoria (from memory) while on a cross country - subsequently found after a search still cowering in the cockpit of his outlanded glider while the 'man eating' kangaroos grazed peacefully around - good job he didn't have a cut lunch - they may have attacked him.  ;D

Archived