Captain Sim C-130 vs. RL C-130? Any RL C-130 pilots?

yallu

I have only flown a few flights so far (now that the latest 1.3 SP gave me more FPS) but I've ran into a few issues I'm not sure are the results of good flight modeling or not so good flight modeling - or mayby it's some of my HW/SW configurations being wrong?

- It flies like a paralyzed overweight cow (even w/light loads) - is it really that lazy on the ailerons IRL as well?

- The rudder seems nearly completely ineffective - does it respond to the rudder as poorly IRL as it does in FSX?

- Engines are hard to control as the power you set them into is "delayed" - this seems like done on purpose, so I'm guessing it's simulated as it is IRL.

I often end up skidding left and right on final trying to aim the runway center... Corrective moves take ages to realize into action - it's all so lazy, skidding and slow :). So, is the real C-130 lazy as well or am I doing it all wrong (I'm guessing it's me). All FSX settings are of course as realistic as is possible.

:)

- It flies like a paralyzed overweight cow (even w/light loads) - is it really that lazy on the ailerons IRL as well?

- The rudder seems nearly completely ineffective - does it respond to the rudder as poorly IRL as it does in FSX?

- Engines are hard to control as the power you set them into is "delayed" - this seems like done on purpose, so I'm guessing it's simulated as it is IRL.

It may have been a LONG time since I left a C130 (especially since it was at the insistence of the Sergent Major's boot wedged between my but cheeks )

But The C130 is a Cargo Aircraft and is inherently stable and less nimble even lethargic to a degree than many other aircraft of it's type, the control surfaces are very large due to the rotational moment and inertia they need to overcome, hence the Huge Rudder, ( this is the reason that Lancaster's had rudder's placed directly behind 2 of its 4 engines allowing much more authority due to it's position.

Bearing in mind they have the glide co-efficient of a greased anvil when not under power - ( This is how ultra Steep approaches are made to drop zones in War time )

They are a Turbo Prop and as such they take time to spool up I can't remember if the Prop gearbox is driven by the exhaust gasses through a turbine or directly gear driven from the turbine shaft. either way there will be a significant time lag between power application and actual power delivery, this is why turbine pilots need to anticipate their power needs and be much smoother in their flying than other Airman.

I've NEVER been a fan of Captain Sim products and most likely never will be, the Aircraft was released well before it should have been hence the 2 updates in relative quick succession.

Archived