No NIGS at YMML

jobo

Despite all my attempts at trying to find the so called NIGS box with 3 vertical stripes I can't seem to see it anywhere.  I've tried parking at a number of gates with aerobridges and to no avail.  I did a re-install and still no go. 

Also I've noticed that the aerobridges with wheels are sunken into the ground, and that some airside vehicles appear to have wheels missing on their opposite side. 

I also have poor framerates so I wonder if this may contribute in some way to the problems I am having in identifying the NIGS.

In this current build NIGS are located on the Echo concourse (E1 - 8 and F11 and F13), an update soon will add the lights to other gates.

The Stop light which you are refering to is mounted on the left side of the gate just past the Jetway, Its is best used in VC mode but in Cockpit view look fwd left to see the box as you start to pass the Jetway.

The Jetway animation while in theory will keep the wheels at ground height and glitch in FSX-SP2 killed this function in the animation which is supposed to hold the wheels on the ground during height adjustments called "WheelsGroundLock". The earlier versions of Jetway are created differently. Our Jetways are developed with the SP2 SDk which uses a more efficient technique for the sim but the drawback it the wheels and no LOD.

The vehicles wheels are designed like this to maintain performance, adding the other side of the wheel is add a large number of extra polygons. It is the standard way to make low polygon vehicles.

None of these aspects will negatively affect framerates. Your specific PC specs and your individual settings will have the only effect on performance.

Archived