KVBS - Skagit, a very little detail

Xavier Carré

Hello,

First, I would thank you for this wonderful airfield. I have download it, early, this morning.

And I'm sorry for asking such a question, after 2 shorts flights around the airfield.

I have noticed a very little detail, regarding the others, and great and true, problems from many users.

Hangar on the taxiway opposite of the terminal seems to be heading to a bad direction, I know it may be the real heading, and it is only a small detail.

But, it could be a nice place to park my airplane !!

Once more, sorry to ask for such a little detail, and thanks for all your great stuff.

Greetings,

Xavier

Posted Image

Posted Image

Skagit is an old WW2 military airfield, hence the layout and like most military airfields were the same. Many of the airfields near large military were used as Auxilliary fields. Take off from the main field have a problem then you have a place to land. I live near 3 old Auxilliary fields which are now general aircraft or regional airfields. Many of the areas have some development as it is not all aircraft related. Notice the race track near the airport? Buildings are put up where a business owner wants it. Many times they use which are left over military buildings.

http://www.portofska...irport-history/

Also notice this has no tower. It is an uncontrolled airport. Your on your own.

Thanks.

HI Folks,

Hugh did a great job of modeling this building. Here are a couple of the photos showing the empty abandoned building. The vegetation growth around it didn't allow me to get back far enough to a full shot of it.

Cheers, Neil (KBVS photographer)

post-2447-0-55871700-1317849653_thumb.jp

post-2447-0-07756800-1317849697_thumb.jp

Archived